Congratulations to the Winners of the 2014
Krista Sepp Memorial Awards!
The Horizon Award, which recognizes excellent work of direct service staff with up to five years of experience working in the CYW/CYC/or relevant Social Services field goes to: Michelle Gavin from Kinark Child and Family Services!
Michelle has been with Kinark for almost five years and works out of our Northumberland office as an Intensive Services Worker delivering intensive short-term services to families with children and youth who face serious behaviour challenges in school, at home and in the community.
There were 9 other nominees in Horizon category:
- George Hull Centre: Michelle Duguay
- Hincks-Dellcrest: Morgan Barrie; Genevieve Beauvais; Ayehsa Mehreen
- Lutherwood: Brittany Nash
- Youthdale: Sarah Clermont; Trudie Jane Gilbert; Ryan James; Don Suralie
The Mentoring Award, which honours the ongoing excellent contributions of direct service staff with more than five years of experience in the CYW/CYC/or relevant Social Services field, goes to: Joseph James from George Hull Centre for Children and Families!
Joseph James has been in the CYW field for 14 years. He is a front line Child and Youth Worker who currently works at the Boys House residential treatment centre. He works as part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for developing and implementing treatment plans with the youth and their families. He specializes in program development, particularly experiential outdoor adventures.
There are 19 other nominees for the Mentoring category:
- Durham Catholic District School Board: Shar Mercier
- Hincks-Dellcrest: Ruth Boafo-Owusu; Kwame Bright Frimpong; Andrea Roberts; Karen Wright
- Kinark Child and Family Services: Kristin Garrity; Liza Howell; Lyndsay Hunter; Lauralee Kadak; Elizabeth Mafla ; Cindy Pestrak; Stephanie Hobbs-Godina
- Lutherwood: Wanda Tottle; Tim Varney
- ROCK: Diana DaSilva
- Vanier Children’s Services: Robyn Driscoll
- Western Area Youth Services: Rosemary Emms
- Youthdale: Shantel Diamond; Amanda Louvelle